Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tenggaroh state rep gunned down

Tenggaroh state assemblyman and Johor MIC deputy chairman Datuk S. Krishnasamy was murdered gangland-style yesterday at the MIC headquarters here.

Datuk S. Krishnasamy, Johor MIC deputy chairman was shot point blank in a lift
Krishnasamy, 61, was shot once in the neck at point-blank range by an unknown gunman just as he entered the lift on the ground floor of the building at 2pm.

He had been dropped off by his driver and was on his way up to the second floor for a meeting.

Witnesses in the building in Jalan Segget heard a shot that sounded like a firecracker but thought nothing of it.

Two party members waiting for the lift were shocked to discover Krishnasamy lying face down in a pool of blood as the doors opened.
V. Kamala, a secretary, was on the fifth floor with Johor MIC Puteri chief R. Vitiya Mohan. They were on their way down to the second floor for the meeting.

“The doors opened and Vitiya almost fainted when we saw a man lying in blood. We did not know who he was as we could not see his face. We did not dare go near the body.

“The doors closed and we took the stairs down,” said Kamala at the crime scene.

On its way down, the lift stopped on the second floor where Sri Gading division chairman V. Murugan also saw the body.

“I thought it was Datuk (Krishnasamy) because I recognised his shirt. But I was not sure. I was in shock and before I could do anything, the lift doors closed and I took the stairs down.”

By this time, a small group of people had gathered around the lift as it had reached the ground floor. Krishnasamy’s driver confirmed that it was him and an ambulance was called.
Another witness, Taman Datuk Chellam MIC branch chairman Arumugam Suppiah, said he could see a bleeding wound in Krishnasamy’s neck.

Johor deputy police chief Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said a task force of senior investigators had been formed.

“What is important is that this matter is left to the police and I urge others not to speculate on the motive. Let us do our jobs. If anyone has information, please call us.”

Krishnasamy’s body was brought to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital for a post-mortem. His body was later taken to his home in Segamat.

The funeral service will begin at 2pm. The cortege will leave the house at No 5, Jln Putra 1/40 Bandar Putra at 4pm for burial in Tangkak. For further details, contact 012-7205891 or 016-7289194

No comments:


Discomfort Zone The Buwau98 Chronicles